I should have titled this post “The Day Amy Became My Very Best Friend.” Seriously. This cheesecake is that good! My husband requests it for our anniversary, Valentine’s Day, his birthday, Father’s Day…
This is my official entry for Laura’s Pie Recipe Contest, and I even used her graham cracker recipe (which is quite yummy!) for the crust so that I wouldn’t get disqualified for using a premade crust laden with hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup (but I promise not to tell if you use the easy, unhealthy stuff like I usually do ). Be proud, Laura!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (or make your own healthy one in an 8 inch pie pan)
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
2. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Toss chips with flour; stir into cheese mixture (flour keeps them from settling at the bottom of the pie). Pour into pie crust.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool and top with glaze*. Chill for several hours.
*Chocolate Glaze: In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips with 1/4 cup whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth. Immediately spread over pie.
4. After you make and sample your first piece of this cheesecake, send Laura an email to tell her I should win! And then report back here to let me know that I am your new very best friend!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Pie really, really works for me!
Visit Rocks in my Dryer for more WFMW!