The words “I love you” partnered with the look that means it.
Freshly cut grass.
Swinging at the playground.
A child’s hands folded in prayer.
Eating produce grown from your own garden.
The whole family snuggling in one bed on Saturday morning.
Watching older siblings care for younger ones.
Fresh clothesline-dried sheets.
All of my children napping at the same time.
The refreshing smell of rain.
Homemade gifts: given or received.
Chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven.
Witnessing your child’s first steps. (or any firsts!)
A hot bubble bath on a cold night.
Sleeping with the windows open to catch the cool breeze.
A quality back rub, or foot rub… or neck rub… shoulders…
Chocolate covered strawberries.
The way bread baking in the oven makes the whole house smell cozy.
Random acts of kindness.
Rocking a waking baby while the sun rises.
Catching your own fish, and reeling it in.
Family bike rides through town.
A large, close-knit extended family.
A freezer fully stocked with fresh foods.
Checking off everything on the to-do list!
Putting the to-do list aside to play with or read to the kids.
Not running the air conditioner in August, in Kansas.
Playing outside in beautiful weather.
A back yard bumper crop.
Having money available when an unexpected expense arises.
The smells of fall (pumpkin, apples, spices).
Napping on a cloudy, cool day.
Unrushed family meals eaten peacefully.
Snuggled up with the kids in their jammies, reading a good book.
Kids’ footie jammies.
Sleeping in a tent… on a comfy air mattress!
The funny things kids say… when they’re not trying to be funny!
Crunching dry leaves while walking on a crisp fall day.
To be continued… I’d love to know what’s on your finer things list.
1. Listening to your toddler begin to say her own unique prayers–they are perfect!
2. Watching your children sleep so peacefully.
3. Freshly cut home-grown roses.
4. The flicker of a candle when the electricity goes out.
1.A good surprise
2.Finding pictures or videos on your camera that you forgot about
3. A moonlit jog along the beach at night
4. Ferns and moss that grow in cool, rocky forests
5. Kisses from my kitten, when she lovingly licks my hands and face
6. The feeling when winter turns to spring
7. Getting good mail
8. The crunch of acorns under your feet in fall