My meal goals this week:
- at least two meatless lunches or suppers
- quick and easy — I’ve got some clutter to conquer and apple pie filling to make!
- use up fresh, free produce
- climb back on the bean wagon, I’ve been trying to feature more beans in our meals
- I’m not going to plan for Sunday. If I plan too far in advance it seems to all get thrown out the window anyway.
- Granny Smith Coffee Cake (leftovers from yesterday)
- Sandwiches, fresh fruit and veggies
- Catalina Taco Salad, apple crisp and homemade ice cream
Catalina Taco Salad This is a great meatless, “measureless,” hot-day main dish salad.
- one head of lettuce, chopped (I use Romaine or a green leaf mix)
- chopped green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 or 2 cans ranch style beans
- one bottle Catalina salad dressing (I use less)
- chopped tomatoes
- corn chips
Rinse and drain the beans. Mix the chopped lettuce, green onions and cheese in a large bowl. Right before serving add the tomatoes, beans, and dressing. Mix together. Serve over corn chips.
- waffles and sausage
- black bean nachos, fruit
- zucchini and kielbasa (based on this TOH recipe) with cornbread muffins. For the zucchini and kielbasa I like to use both yellow squash and zucchini. I use frozen corn and fresh diced tomatoes — rotel would also be good, I think. This is a GREAT skillet meal.
- oatmeal with raisins
- chicken/black bean quesadillas with lettuce, tomato, salsa and sour cream, fruit
- sloppy joes (make a double batch), cheesy zucchini fries, deviled eggs
- omlettes or scrambled eggs, apple muffins
- homemade pizza, veggies, fruit
- leftovers (I’m out of town for a Creative Memories show)
Friday, 8/1 It’s August already!?!
- French Toast (didn’t get to this last week)
- sandwiches, smoothies
- grilled steak, grilled veggies
- biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs
- hamburgers, cucumber salad, fruit
- leftovers, strawberry/banana slush
For great menu ideas, head over to OrgJunkie.