So, remember this? Turns out that pesky little mole (the one that I was told was probably fine and we should just keep an eye on it and get it checked out every three months) was a melanoma. Skin cancer. The deadliest form of skin cancer.
I just got the call this afternoon. Funny… today is the day that I can take out my stitches. Now they need to do another surgery to take more skin… just in case. Know what? They can have my skin… just make sure the cancer goes with it!
In light of my very fresh news, here’s how God is so good and so faithful in my life.
- Early detection. We got to it before it got to me!
- God’s nudging. That is the only explanation for me being at the dermatologist in the first place. It was my very first visit.
- Excellent prognosis. Seriously. They are relatively certain that they got the cancer out. The second surgery is to take some skin around the former mole and test it to make sure it is healthy.
- No need to re-prioritize. I’m already home loving on my kids every day. Doing what I love. Except now I have a new excuse to avoid the chores and play with the kids some more, snuggle up for nap time with my 3 year old, read a good book… hehe.
- A prayer warrior posse of family and friends. 😉
- A husband with red hair and fair skin… skin that was checked yearly as he was growing up because his mother dragged him to the dermatologist. I’m thankful for her, too!
And allow me a moment on my brand new soapbox. Go visit your dermatologist. If you don’t have one, find one. Now! You just never know. Really. I’d love for you to report back about your healthy skin after your appointment. Do it!
For more Gratituesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers.