Here’s what we’ll be eating this week.
- fried eggs, cinnamon rolls, oj
- zucchini parmesean, Italian cheese bread, fried okra
- smoothies (for the kids) homemade vanilla ice cream topped with butterscotch (hot fudge for hubby) and pecans for mom and dad 😉
- roast, potatoes and gravy, carrots
- roast beef burritos with lettuce and cheese
- tuna casserole, peas, apple crisp
- Mexican chicken skillet, sauteed squash and onions
- Game Night! leftovers or sandwiches, snacks for game
- Football Team Breakfast: blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage links
- clean out the fridge
- black bean nachos, smoothies
In other cooking ventures… if we still have leftover roast after the burritos (one of my favorites!) I’ll make roast beef quiche for the freezer. Also, I still have a drawer full of pears that need attention. I’m leaning toward pecan pear muffins for the freezer because they are so yummy, but they’re not terribly healthy. Maybe I’ll experiment with some healthy substitutions (applesauce, honey, whole wheat flour?) And my neighbor’s apple tree will probably be ready this week. I think I’ll make applesauce for the first time ever! (I don’t have canning jars, so I’m going to freeze mine.)
** Update: We picked apples late this afternoon and I’ve already made my first batch of applesauce! SO EASY that I’m embarrassed I never tried it before. Thanks, Laura, for the inspiration!
Head on over to Organizing Junkie for more menu inspiration!