I’m not so sure “The Other White Meat” pork campaign makes it any healthier, but I’m going to hope so… somehow pork found it’s way on my menu in many forms this week. Our love for bacon and sausage aside (yup — we go for the good stuff!), I rarely find myself cooking a pork roast. Couldn’t pass it up this week, though. I found a pork roast for $1.09 a pound on Friday!
Here’s what’s on the menu:
- bacon, eggs, and toast
- chili cheese nachos/chili cheese fries (because we ran out of chips) and smoothies
- pork roast, carrots, potatoes
- pork tacos — New recipe. I guess I’ll just simmer the taco ingredients with my leftover pork from tonight (which was really yummy, by the way).
- BLTs, fried okra (I know, I know… but we have some ripe tomatoes that are crying for bacon!)
- pizza braid (recipe and pictures next Tuesday!), yes — with pepperoni; darn pork sneaking itself into everything!
- away game tonight, we’ll eat out (my kids will be SO EXCITED!) and I’ll pack some healthier snacks for the game, ie. homemade graham crackers because that will make me feel better about all the pork… and the eating out…
- biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs (I know! Sausage! But it’s for the football team… that’s okay, right?)
- clean out the fridge
- taco soup — YEA for soup weather! (and for a no-pork meal!) The extended forecast says a high of 68!
Other Kitchen To-do’s:
- salsa — I’ve been picking a gallon bucket of tiny tomatoes every other day for a week! Oh, and my neighbor has tons of jalapeno peppers. Do you have a good salsa recipe for me?
- pigs in a blanket — scroll down the link for the recipe
- graham crackers for the game
- pears — I’ve got to do something with what’s left of my 5 gallon bucket of pears, if my kids don’t eat them all first… which would actually be a good thing.
Have a great week! Be sure to stop by OrgJunkie for a plethora of menu plans.