I am all about trying new recipes, and I’ve found the blogging community to be a haven when it comes to great ones, tried-‘n-true. My problem has been that when I see a recipe on someone’s site, I don’t always bookmark it right away. You know, the whole “I’ll get back to that later” fantasy. Or I do bookmark it, but I never get around to trying it.
No more. If you are willing to share your specialties, I want to give ’em a try!
Just yesterday I decided to work on next week’s menu plan starting now (instead of my usual weekend-menu-warrior routine). In fact, I may get real ambitious and work a couple weeks ahead! My new plan: when I’m surfing through blogs and come across a recipe that I want to attempt, I not only bookmark it but I put it in my menu plan, which is in my “post drafts” section of my blog (and also on my refrigerator), and I insert the link. Now. If I don’t have the ingredients, I put them on my shopping list. Now.
Now works really well for me. Later quite often turns into never at our house.
Because we still have our family favorites, and because I’m still a Frugal Franny who likes to use up the sale stash before purchasing a bunch of new ingredients, I won’t use new recipes every day.
I think this bloggy recipe method is going to work for me!
- eliminates last minute menu planning (aside from a few no-thinker family favorites)
- recipes will be easy to find on my menu plan post
- my beloved recipe collection will continue to grow
- my grocery list will be ready no matter which day we go to the store (because it’s never the same week to week… and sometimes it’s every other week)
- when Laura gets crazy and posts MPM early, I’ll be prepared!
Here are a few bloggy recipes that I’ve currently got worked into next week’s menu.
Do you have one that I should add?
Check out Rocks in my Dryer for more WFMW.